L3 Technologies Engineering Tech IV in Norfolk, Virginia
Engineering Tech IV
1) Install, modify, test, repair, overhaul, and remove electronic and electrical equipment on US Navy ships.
2) Be able to understand written and verbal instruction, specifications, drawings, and plans.
3) Assemble/disassemble and install electrical/fiber cables and grounding straps.
4) Conduct electrical tests to determine proper functioning of shipboard units.
5) Troubleshoot and repair electrical components onboard US Navy ships.
6) Train lower level technicians as required.
7) Design, prepare and modify engineering drawings.
8) Travel as required up to 25% of the time.
Requires active Secret clearance at time of hire.
A minimum of ten years of shipboard electronic technician experience in either the U.S. Navy or a ship repair facility to include the maintenance, installation, troubleshooting and repair of electronic and electrical equipment.Six years of experience in the installation of electronic and electrical equipment.Four of these six years should have occurred in the last eight years.Four years of experience in the design, preparation and modification of engineering documents and drawings.PLUS, the ability to perform the following duties:1) Be proficient in the use of test equipment, 2) Conduct J-standard soldering, 3) Conduct heliax cable termination, 4) Copper pin connectorization for cannon plugs, DB connectors, coaxial and triaxial cables, 5) Fiber optics (preferred), ST and multi-pin connectors and Category 5 and 6 ethernet termination and associated testing.Connector certified and fiber optic certified (preferred) in accordance with NAVSEA Standard Items 009-73 and 009-123, respectively. Must be a US Citizen and have an active Secret Clearance. High School diploma required.Formal electronic training from a technical school or Navy “C” School.
“Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.”
Primary Location USA-Virginia-Norfolk
US Security Clearance Required: Secret
Shift: Day - 1st
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Organization: Division - Unidyne-20000010
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Posting: Mar 19, 2018, 1:07:25 PM
Req ID: 097020