Belcan Designer in Newport News, Virginia
Job Number: 279044
Description: An Unigraphics Designer in Newport News, VA is currently available through Belcan. This role is with one of our Aerospace clients. To be considered for this role, you will have a have a High School Diploma with three plus years of Unigraphics Design experience. In this role, you will develop intial design concepts and design model representations for mechanical parts and assemblies. This is a very visible, contract to hire opportunity with a growing company and has excellent upward mobility.
Unigraphics Designer Job duties:
• Develops initial design concepts and 3D CAD model representations for mechanical parts and assemblies.
• Uses CAD systems to develop initial 3D solid model of mechanical components and assemblies.
• Provides CAD models in appropriate form for use by the analysis team at various stages of the design development; creates 3D surface models working from aerodynamics profiles.
• Works closely with Engineering and Program Management personnel to refine design, solve problems and explore alternate approaches.
• Interacts with Fabrication personnel to ensure manufacturability of design with Programming personnel to ensure content of solid model for programming activities.
• Translate User Needs into Design Input Requirements to comply with regulatory requirements and best-practice standards.
• Identifies/ selects standard components for use in the design.
• Performs initial material selection and sizing of components.
• Three plus years of Unigraphics Design experience.
• High School Diploma required.
• Working knowledge of applicable CAD systems (Unigraphics preferred).
• Understanding of GD&T.
• Must have a secret clearance.
If you are interested in this Unigraphics Designer job in Newport News, VA, please apply via the “apply now” link provided or by sending your resume to email@example.com. Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.
Location: Newport News , VA
Minimum Experience (yrs): 3
Required Education: High School Diploma
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart