SMG Security Officer in Hampton, Virginia
Under direct supervision, maintain security of facility and grounds by preventing crime and vandalism. Maintain and monitors all physical security items such as key control, card access and video surveillance systems, etc. Maintain traffic and parking control and enforcement of traffic and parking regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts interior and exterior rounds and reports unusual events
- Documents all notable events in security logs
- Intervene in disturbances/incidents to maintain peace and restore order and document all incidents on the proper forms
- Must follow all policies and procedures completely including notifying the chain of command of safety and security incidents
- Serves as informational source to pubic for building activities during events
- Check in and out keys, radios, and other safety items
- Perform proper shift turnover to include pass down log review
- Performs other related duties as required
Position requires excessive standing, step climbing and walking; indoor and outdoor working conditions; extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High School or equivalence diploma preferred
- Must have a current Virginia DCJS Security Officer Alarm Respondent registration
- Must have a valid Virginia vehicle driver's license
- Must have one (1) year security experience and/or similar training or experience
- Must be able to follow explicate verbal or written directions
- Must be able to communicate precisely and accurately all facts surrounding an incident
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Paula Scippio Hampton Roads Convention Center 1610 Coliseum Drive Hampton, VA 23666
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 610-729-1023.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled